The Museum sits at a close distance from numerous places of cultural and literature related historical importance which we happily recommend for you to visit. The area is exciting also for exercise lovers, offering hiking trails and a sports center full of fun activities.
- In front of Albu community house stands a Tammsaare monument, erected in Tammsaare’s lifetime in 1936.
- Albu Manor is factually the oldest manor in Järva County, first mentioned as early as in 1282. Tammsaare’s father Peeter Hansen also had dealings with the manor. Visitors become a part of the venue’s grand impressive history and witness wondrous paintings from centuries ago.
- Järva-Madise Church is situated approximately 6 km away from the Tammsaare Museum. This house of god is one of the smallest single-nave churches in Estonia. It were the bells of this particular church that sounded across the bog at Vargamäe, signaling the event of a service.
- Kodru Bog’s hiking trail begins approximately 400 m from the Museum. A well maintained boardwalk will take hikers across Kodru Bog to Järva-Madise Church. The hike to the church extends across 4.5 km.
- Seidla Windmill. This Seidla Manor’s Dutch type windmill from the 18th century still retains its original function and fittings.
- Aravete Center. A locality center with diverse architecture – dairy plant from 1910, community center from 1938, school house from 1980, central building from 1981, private residence from 1974
- Rava oak woods and lake. A nature reserve, home to 92 primeval oaks, 16 large larches, and a hundreds-of years-old pine tree